The advisory services are provided by using a set of methods and instruments designed to raise awareness of Moldavian farmers about the drought mitigation measures. The project is focused on promoting intensively the application of the following techniques:
- Application of drought resistant varieties and hybrids, including energetic plants production;
- Adoption of agro technical measures, crop rotation and wooden strips establishment;
- Establishment of rainfall water collection tanks;
- Application of low pressure and low energy consumption irrigation system;
- Community involvement in drought mitigation activities
- Creation of Water Users Associations.
The project beneficiaries are local farmers who will be informed and trained on application of drought mitigation measures. These measures will be largely disseminated among farmers through establishment of demonstration plots and delivering field days, seminars and round tables, mass-media promotion campaign. It is expected the advisory services and information events to be delivered to more than 10 thousands beneficiaries.